Halloween 2020 is finally here after what feels like ages since March and the original COVID shutdown. By now you know that Halloween celebrations across the nation will look different this year with the threat of the virus still present. Some people are still trying to decide: “Do I let my kids trick-or-treat?”, “Do I hand out candy?”. Ultimately YOU are the one that will make the best decision for your family but we’ve listed out some GREAT alternate options to make your Halloween 2020 special for your kids!! Scroll down to the information on the CIRCUS coming to town and check out our Hello Bend GIVEAWAY for 4 tickets to your VERY OWN “pod” for one of the shows!
It is so fun to look back on old photos of the kids’ costumes through the years! Here are a few favorites:
- When: Friday 10/30:
- What: Halloween Hang-Out–Come in Costume:
- Cost: $8/Kid
- Toddler Open Play: 9-12:00
- Kid’s Open Play: 12:30-6:30
- Reservations Recommended!
- When: Thursday-Sunday 10/29-11/1
- Where: Deschutes Fairgrounds, Redmond
- What: Enjoy the Venardos Circus–A touring Broadway-style animal-free production at the Deschutes Fairgrounds over the Halloween weekend! Guests of all ages are welcome (as long as you’re wearing a mask) and costumes are encouraged!
- Cost: $85/4-seat “pod” or $125 for a VIP “pod” (seating arrangements for COVID)
- Hello Bend Oregon Blog GIVEAWAY! We’ve partnered with the circus to offer one of our lucky subscribers a 4-ticket “pod” to one of the shows! Head on over to our Facebook or Instagram for details on how to enter and leave a comment below telling us your (or your kids’) halloween costumes!
- When: Sat, Oct 24 through Fri, Oct 30, 11 am – 6 pm each day.
Please note: No festivities on Oct 31. Candy will not be handed out in the district this year.
- Where: The Old Mill Shopping District, Bend
- What: Families and Halloween fans throughout Central Oregon. Wear your costume! Pets, too. 6 unique, 3-D photo stations will be set up throughout the Old Mill District. Stations include Harry Potter’s 9 3/4 platform, Frozen, Star Wars, Lollipop Land, Fall Harvest, Pets in Costume. Take photos and selfies at the photo stations anytime during the event hours and share the photos by tagging the @oldmilldistrict on social media, or sharing via email firstname.lastname@example.org. By sharing your photos, you enter to win prizes of Old Mill shopping gift cards worth $100-$200! 19 prizes will be distributed! **Check the website for updates on where the photo stations are located!
- Cost: FREE!
For those who are unable to visit the Old Mill during this time, they are also hosting a coloring contest option. Coloring file TBD on their website. Prizes awarded in the categories: ages 6 and under; 7-11; 12-18.
Halloween 2020 doesn’t have to suck. Make new memories with the kiddos at one of these awesome events! When you venture out to one of these activities with the kids, tag us at #HelloBend @Hello_Bend_Oregon to be featured on our social media! Okay, one last favorite costume from Drew + Emmy….Who you gonna call?
Brenda Menzel, Broker
Cascade Sotheby’s Int’ l Realty ~ Hello Bend Real Estate