Hello Bend! Every year our family makes the highly anticipated trek to Smith Rock Ranch for their epic pumpkin patch, and this year is no different (even though lots has changed due to COVID-19!)
Smith Rock Ranch is a real working farm, specializing in producing carrot, onion, and blue grass seed. As well as wheat, hay, pumpkins, and squash which are sold throughout the state of Oregon and beyond. During October they open their farm to the public and provide many family friendly activities to celebrate the fall season, with pumpkin cannons, a corn maize and many other things– there is certainly something for everyone to enjoy!
- Pumpkin Patch: Celebrate autumn in Central Oregon with the amazing pumpkin patch! Enjoy the beautiful backdrop of Smith Rock as you find your family’s perfect pumpkins! The patch is open Tuesday-Friday 12:00-6:00pm and Saturday-Sunday 10:00-6:00pm. Pumpkins for carving are priced $0.35/ lb, and the specialty pumpkins are priced as marked!
- Skull Hollow Shooting Gallery: Get in touch with your inner cowboy at this western themed shooting gallery! Compete with friends and family to see who will get the highest score! Ages 5 and up!
- Themed Corn Maize: Get lost in the acres of corn in an epic maze that changes theme every year! The 2020 theme is The Wild Wild West! This activity requires 1 maize ticket per person and the last maize ticket time slot is set for 6pm—everyone MUST be out by 7:00pm!
- Pony Rides: This activity costs 2 tokens/ride and is ONLY for riders UNDER 70 pounds.
- Pumpkin Cannon: This crowd pleaser is one of Drew and Jeff’s favorites every time we come! Sometimes the lines are VERY long, so we’ll divide and conquer with one kid per adult, then meet up at the canons so both kids get a chance to launch the pumpkins into the air! Prepare to spend 1 token per shot! This one is as much fun to watch as it is to do and the kids get a kick out of it.
- Petting Zoo: Make special new furry friends at the petting zoo! There is a handwashing station right there, and kids under 5 get in free! For everyone else, it’s 1 token for entry.
- Face Painting: A favorite with the younger crowd, face painting is a staple at Smith Rock Ranch! This station usually accepts cash only.
- Zoo Train: ALL ABOARD!! this fun zoo animal train was Emmy’s favorite last year! Again, the lines may be long, so prepare to wait if you’re there during a busy time! 1 token per ride/rider. Visitors 3 years old and younger get to ride for free!
- Barnyard Golf: Putt-putt golf for every age! 1 token gets you 9 holes on this fun Barnyard course! Keep in mind that kids under the age of 7 years old MUST be accompanied by an adult!
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides: Ride a wagon led by the beautiful, majestic Clydesdale horses! You’ll want your camera for this one! 1 token per person, ONLY offered on weekends 11:00-4:00pm.
- Harvest Market: This is the place to go for specialty squash, pumpkins, miscellaneous décor, and items like local honey & jam. Check out Emmy’s cute Ghost Squash!
- Hay Maize: This is free to all ages during the week day hours (as well as the weekend) Please note that they ask that children always be supervised in this area.
- Live Music: See their Facebook page for more details about upcoming shows!
- Bark Park: An area for dogs to run and play off leash. Dogs must ALWAYS be under their human’s supervision and are not allowed in other areas of the ranch (like the maize).
Brenda’s “Know Before You Go” List:
- Wear shoes that can get dusty/ muddy
- Bring your camera for epic family photos & stunning backdrops
- Bring a good attitude and understand that everyone is doing the best they can do during COVID regulations!
- BUY your tickets, tokens, and set your time slots BEFORE you go.
- Divide and Conquer—you’ll get the most fun out of your day if you focus on the high priority activities and split up waiting in the lines!
Only one type of ticket package is available and must be purchased online for a designated 2 hour time slot.
(For this season only) 1 Ticket Package:
1 Maize Ticket (Adult or Child) + 5 Activity tickets (Instead of Tokens) = $30
Maize Tickets and Activity Tickets can be exchanged for each other at the farm.
(1 Maize Ticket = 3 Activity Tickets
OR 3 Activity Tickets =1 Maize Ticket)
For this year only: 3 years and younger free for Maize and Activities (Except Pony Rides and Horse Drawn Wagon Rides)
***Tickets are non-refundable, however they can be used as credit towards pumpkin purchases.***
To Buy Tickets & Check Hours of Operation, click HERE!
Brenda Menzel, Broker
Cascade Sotheby’s Int’ l Realty ~ Hello Bend Real Estate