Hello Bend! Located in the heart of downtown, Zydeco Kitchen & Cocktails offers fine Northwestern cuisine with a southern twist. Not only are they high on the list of restaurants to visit in Bend, they have a heart for their community and have come together to support Bend during the uncertain times of the COVID-19 crisis. Zydeco has reached out to our Central Oregon community and started collaborating with our Bend businesses and associations to bring warm meals to our very own neighbors in need. Through these generous donations, it is the restaurant’s goal to give back 250 meals each week.
Our Kitchen, Your Table: Zydeco’s Plan
The program is targeted to largely serve those who have been especially impacted by COVID-19. HUGE thanks to the sponsors of the first two weeks! Shout out to Hayden Homes, LLC for their generous donation and volunteer hours, and to Silver Moon Brewing for donating their tasty beer for take home (as supplies last). This program wouldn’t be possible without your community support!
Each week, the Zydeco team has chosen a specific part of the community to benefit:
- This week (May 18-22), 250 takeout meals will be available to individuals that have struggled with and been denied unemployment assistance.
- Next week (May 25-29), they will be honoring our Veterans and thanking them for their service
Stay tuned for who qualifies for the following weeks by following along at Zydeco’s instagram and facebook @zydeco,Facebook
How to Sign Up:
1. Complete application through Zydeco’s portal: https://forms.gle/qxEGi56hVb3xpdjq7
2. Zydeco will email to confirm your scheduled pick up day and time.
3. Pick up your takeout! Please bring Photo ID and form of verification.
A Call For Sponsors:
If you are interested in sponsoring a week of meals, please contact Zydeco at: email@example.com As of today there are still more meals available to be served to our community! Even in less than 48 hours, they have been able to provide 75 meals to our community. There are STILL 175 meals to be claimed this week. SHARE this post to help spread the word and stand together for those hurting in our community during this time of need.
Subscribe to Hello Bend Blog to stay involved and in the know of all the happenings in Bend, Oregon!