Hello Bend….Tis the Season! Thanksgiving isn’t quite behind us, and I already have Breakfast with Santa in Bend on my mind. The holiday festivities start the minute the turkey dinner is down the hatch and the kitchen is all cleaned up! So many people, and every single retailer, place a huge emphasis on shopping with the “Black Friday” craziness that now begins on Thanksgiving Day.
Well, here in our little mountain town of Bend, Oregon, we do things a little differently. Maybe it’s because we don’t even have a mall? Or maybe it’s because Santa arrives to kick off the holiday season in a helicopter greeting all the kiddos at the Les Schwab Amphitheater! Yes, that’s how we do it in Bend!
One of our favorite family traditions during the holiday season is Breakfast with Santa. We usually have our Elf on the Shelf bring the tickets or a festive flyer with the news that we get to go meet the Big Man himself at one of the many locations around town. We’ve been to many of the different venues in the area, and like to try a new one each year, so that we can share our experience with you!
At the end of this post, is a listing of all the different Breakfast with Santa locations in Bend and beyond, along with links to the websites to purchase tickets or the number to call to make your reservation. You will also see dates, times and costs for each event.
So far, our family has been to The Pine Tavern, Sunriver and Brasada Ranch. Below is a little more information on each of these three events to give you a glimpse into these three venues. In the spirit of the season, I will work towards creating a blog post on each, so be sure to subscribe to the blog to have these new posts delivered to your inbox!
This year, Five Pine Lodge in Sisters is on our list! I also have a friend that has made it her family tradition to go to the early seating at McMenamins and then catch the Bend Christmas parade. These events usually sell out early, however since Thanksgiving falls so late in the month of November, when I called around today, there is still plenty of availability at all venues!
The first year we lived in Bend, had Breakfast with Santa at the historic Pine Tavern Restaurant, one of Bend’s oldest restaurants overlooking iconic Mirror Pond. It is famously known for the giant Ponderosa pine tree that is growing in the middle of the dining area!
The Pine Tavern Breakfast with Santa is very special and unique from the others. It is hosted by the Assistance League of Bend, and all the proceeds go toward hosting a separate Breakfast with Santa exclusively for Foster families in Deschutes County. Going to this event not only provided fun lasting memories for our family, it gave other children the opportunity to experience the same joy of the holiday season!
Our second Christmas in Bend, we decided to try Sunriver…and it did not disappoint. Breakfast is served in the Great Hall, which is quite grand and beautifully decorated. Santa and Mrs. Clause are some of the best around!
Our third year, we went out to Brasada Ranch. The Santa wasn’t quite as good, however it is definitely the best value around as you can either choose the buffet or order off the menu. Kids 12 and under are FREE with unlimited flapjacks! The horse drawn carriage rides while singing Christmas carols definitely put everyone in the Christmas spirit!
Pine Tavern Restaurant ~ December 8, 9am-12:30
- Buffet ~ Adults $25, Children 12 and under $10, Children 5 and under Free
- Each child receives a stuffed animal, face painting and a photo with Mr. & Mrs. Clause!
- Advance reservation required, call 541-382-5581
- Check out the Blog Post: Breakfast with Santa at Pine Tavern
McMenamins ~ December 7 & 8, 9am & 11am
- Buffet ~ Adults $18, Children $13 (ages 6mo-10years), Free 6mo and younger
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, click on the link above and select day/time
Sunriver ~ Saturday, November 30, December 14 & Tuesday December 24, 8:30am – 12pm
- Buffet ~ Adults $55, Children $30 (ages 6-12), Free for 5 and under
- Advance reservation required, call 541-593-1000
- Check out the Blog Post: Sunriver’s Brunch with Santa
Brasada Ranch ~ Black Friday (11/29) & Sat – 11/30, 12/7, 12/14 & 12/ 23
- Kids 10 and under eat FREE with the purchase of an adult entrée
- Sing carols in the horse drawn carriage!
- Advance reservation recommended, call 541-526-6870
Five Pine Lodge in Sisters ~ December 15th, 10:30am – 12:30pm
- Buffet ~ Adults $17, Children $12 (ages 3-12), Free for 2 and under
- Advance reservation required, call 541-549-5900
Black Butte Ranch (The Lodge) ~ Sunday December 15 & 16, 9am & 11am seatings
- Buffet~Adults $18, Children $15 (ages 5-12), $8 for children 4 and under
- Advance reservations required, call 541-595-1260
J-Dub ~ Saturday, December 14th, 9am – 2pm
- Menu based items ~ Adults pay, Kids eat FREE!!
- NO reservations required.
- FREE Photo with Santa and a FREE toy from Learning Express Toys of Bend
- J-DUB will be collecting non-perishable food items and cash donations all week to help provide meals to our neighbors in need.
Did I miss a venue you hold near and dear to your heart? Send me a message and I will be sure to add it to the list! Wishing everyone a fun and joyous Holiday Season in Bend and beyond! We hope to see you at one of these amazing Breakfast with Santa events or many of the other amazing Holiday events in our area.